Saturday, June 27, 2009

Experiential

There have been some interesting chats as a result of the previous post -
For me, it has brought the heart of God for His lost people vividly front and centre again:
I didn't realise how much I had allowed it to become sidelined.
So easy to do as we get caught up with our own trials and lives - even our quest to follow Christ ourselves, hmm?
Anyway, people have aired views like:

Isn't it fantastic to see God at work in such a specific way?
It's mind blowing to see the reality of His search for the lost!
Is it necessary to have the process so structured?
Isn't it supposed to be the normal lifestyle of Jesus-followers, to be 'tuned in' to Him all the time?
Isn't it open to abuse?
Is it wise to tell the people you encounter that they are 'targets' in God's treasure hunt?
All of which make great topics for discussion.
Interestingly, no one has dismissed it out of hand. . .

Straight after one of these discussions (which took place at a local mall), I walked into a practical application lesson, or thats what it felt like.
On my way to my car, I was made aware of two separate situations of women in trouble: both of them had their heads in their hands; both of them felt faint (for very different reasons) and both of them responded with openness to my approach.
And I had the excitement of watching Him causing them to open up and share - one of which has resulted in a planned meeting over coffee.
Who knows what plans He has for this dear desperate woman?!

I am so stirred by this -
And have a new desire to have my spiritual 'antennae' fully operational even in the midst of the hurly-burly of life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

allie i have recently had these same overwhelming feelings. such clear conviction about people who i should walk alongside.

i feel inadequate but there is no sense of fear or forboding. just a deep confidence that i should hold someones hand.

allie. said...

Isn't it GREAT, M!

Kate said...

WHOOP, WHOOP!

So excited!

As a side note - have you heard about the revival that's been going on in East London at the Days of Glory Conference - all over GOD Tv apparently.
They are seeing radical salvations and openness to the gospel - hitting the streets every day with a simple message.

I think CT is in for something like that very soon....