Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Adventure

A book called "The Lost Art of Intercession" came into my hands recently.
As I read the book, I realised that the intensity of my prayer life had been dimming without my being aware of it.
And been replaced by an almost conversational one.
It has many good points and I wouldn't want to lose that
But time set aside for really getting to grips with the Lord
Time alone
Time when you know you will not be interrupted -
That is what's been missing far too often lately.

Normally this realisation would have brought guilt
And I would try harder to do the thing right
With the memories of the times I had tried to be faithful and failed, nagging at the back of my mind
But the word He gave me ("Invitation" - see previous posts) is doing its miraculous work.
So instead I see it as His wide smile, a beckoning to join Him in this adventure of living, being a co-labourer in His great work.

That He should want to share this wonderful project with any human is amazing enough
But with me?
Remarkable!
Suddenly prayer takes on a new hue

4 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Reading your post made me think of how many times I have condemned myself for my inactive (sometimes) prayerlife. Then I just realise the amazing grace and love of God that understands and loves us unconditionally.

Anonymous said...

waiting for us with his arms outstretched. you paint a lovely picture.

Avril said...

Hi Allie-just popped in to visit your blogs and i had to re register as I've forgotten what I used when I started a blog(ages ago!)Your Sonsearcher is so inspiring and gives much food for thought-thanks my pal.Hope all well with you and yours-love Bo

Terry said...

We are instructed in 1st Thessalonians 5:17 to pray without ceasing. The meaning is not that men should do nothing but pray, but that nothing else we do should hinder prayer in our life.
Nice post Allie :)