Thursday, July 16, 2009

Attentive

I was numbering to myself all the things I like about God
There are an awful lot.
I halted at this word when it came to mind:
"Attentive"
Have you ever noticed how attentive He is to us?
* His eye is on us
* He knows how many hairs we have on our heads (bear in mind that we are constantly shedding hair and growing new ones!)
* He knows when we sit down and when we get up
* He knows when we lie down
* He knows our words before we say them
* He knows our thoughts before we think them
* He knows our paths before we walk them
* He knows what we need before we ask Him
And those are just a few (mostly in Psa 139) but we see undivided attention, as though He cannot tear His eyes away from His beloved.
Its a lump-in-the-throat lovely picture.
An example might be the way we just cannot help watching a tiny baby: it just lies there, but we are unable to stop looking at it.

And so I thought about our attentiveness towards Him.
Is it precious to Him?
It seems so -
That love-rivetted gaze speaks of adoration and He seeks worshippers. . .

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Another post that just blows me away. I love the practical real ways you have in your relationship with the Lord. Me thinks I will be thinking a lot about what you wrote in this post. Psalm 139 is one of my favourite. Have you ever hear Michael W. Smith reciting it on his one album....awesome.

allie. said...

I haven't heard MJ Smith on Psa 139 but I would love to.
It is a stupendouly moving psalm in my opinion.
It is as though God cannot let us out of His sight, He loves us so much
Beautiful!

I'm glad that some of the things I write speak to you, Lynette

I'm so not a blogger said...

Nominated you over on my blog...

http://imsonotablogger.blogspot.com/