Monday, June 8, 2009

Alone Time

In a couple of previous posts I mentioned that I felt I was being invited
into a closer walk with the Lord, specially in the area of private prayer.
This is more concerning that.

My very busy elder son (40) called me this morning to say: "Mom, I have a gap this afternoon. Can you meet me for coffee in Constantia."
That is about a half an hour's drive from here
I should explain that I try to have one-on-one "dates" with my two married sons every couple of months so we can catch up on things that matter to us.
And so I can satisfy my mom-heart with face-to-face; you-and-me, contact with these beloved children.
(In the chaos of general family get togethers, they cannot talk about and I cannot hear the real stuff that's on their minds: there is just too much going on).

My son asked me if I was going to be up that way - obviously thinking it would be a bit much to expect me to come all that way for an hour with him.
Little does he realise that I would go a lot further, just for that.
Little does he know how much it means to me, as a parent, to have his invitation to spend alone time with him.

As I was driving to the venue, I felt a joy that was akin to pain it was so full.
Then it was as though the Lord was smiling at me and saying:
"You see, Alison, this is something of how I feel when My children want to spend alone time with Me"
I love the way He uses ordinary things to speak profoundly to me; to illustrate in a way He knows I will relate to
And not forget

5 comments:

I'm so not a blogger said...

Loved this post:-)

Steve said...

cool mom! ;)

Mel said...

Indeed, best I pack up my blogging fingees and go and spend some time with Him, yes? Awesome post.

Terry said...

So true! God does want close fellowship with us. As God tells us "Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you." He is a loving Father and He cares for His children.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow Allie, How do you do it...you take ordinary daily things...your wisdom in applying it to our spiritual walk with the Lord just takes my breath away. There it is so simple...yet so hard.